The coming weeks and months may be challenging for you, your students and your whānau. AUT’s values can guide our approaches, the ways in which we work together and how we respond to each other. Tika speaks of integrity – this means we are genuine, accountable and efficient in our work. Pono is about respect and being collaborative, inclusive and open. Aroha is centered on compassion; we are welcoming, helpful and kind. We can also consider Manaaki – how we nurture and look after people and their mana. How can we manaaki our colleagues – be caring, kind and give praise? How do the online learning spaces we create manaaki our learners?
This Stay Connected page provides academic colleagues a hub to communicate with altLAB, share practice and gather ideas as we adapt the way we teach and learn.
altLAB is here to provide consultancy and personalised support to our academic colleagues. We can help you to:
- Explore how you can best support your students in the online learning environment
- Curate engaged and impactful learning resources and activities appropriate for an online learning environment
- Design alternative assessments
- Create feedback opportunities for students
- Implement appropriate learning technologies to support particular teaching strategies – including Blackboard, Collaborate, Mahara, Panopto and iPeer